Last Updated on January 11, 2024
Hi there! Embroidery enthusiasts and home business owners! The world of embroidery machines is brimming with options that cater to every need and skill level. Here, we explore the best embroidery machines for home businesses, each offering unique features to elevate your creative endeavors.
Best Embroidery Machine for Home Business
- Brother SE1900: Versatile and user-friendly, featuring 138 built-in designs, a large touchscreen, and advanced threading for seamless embroidery and sewing.
- Brother SE600: Budget-friendly and compact, offering 80 built-in designs, automatic threading, and a 3.2″ LCD touchscreen for easy customization.
- Bernette B79: A premium machine with a 5-inch touchscreen, Bernina Toolbox Software, and three embroidery hoops for a comprehensive and high-quality sewing experience.
- Janome 001MB7: Professional-grade multi-needle embroidery with advanced features, including compatibility with various formats, high-speed operation, and a large embroidery field for efficient and precise stitching.
Let’s dive into the top contenders: the Brother SE1900, Brother SE600, Bernette B79, and Janome 001MB7.
1. Brother SE1900 Sewing and Embroidery Machine
|Advanced needle threading function with a lever
|Drop-in Top Bobbin
|Jam-resistant drop-in top bobbin
|Built-in Sewing Stitches
|240, including 10 styles of auto-size buttonholes
|Large full color, 3.2″ inch LCD touchscreen
|5″ x 7″
|Hoop and 8 sewing feet
|Intended for sale only in the US
The Brother SE1900 is a powerhouse for creative minds. With 138 built-in designs, 11 fonts, and 240 sewing stitches, it offers versatility for any project. The large touchscreen makes operation a breeze, while the 5″ x 7″ embroidery field allows for expansive designs.
Its advanced features, like the needle threader and drop-in top bobbin, make it a top choice for both beginners and seasoned crafters.
- Versatility: With 138 built-in designs, 11 embroidery fonts, and 240 sewing stitches, the SE1900 offers an extensive range of creative possibilities.
- User-Friendly: The large 3.2″ LCD touchscreen display makes design preview and editing a breeze.
- Spacious Embroidery Field: The 5″ x 7″ embroidery field is perfect for larger designs.
- Efficient Operation: Advanced needle threader and drop-in top bobbin ensure hassle-free sewing.
- Size: The machine might be bulkier compared to more compact models.
2. Brother SE600 Sewing and Embroidery Machine
|Embroidery Lettering Fonts
|Maximum Embroidery Speed (spm)
|UL/CSA Listed Voltage
|Automatic Needle Threader
|Drop-in Top Bobbin
|Built-in Sewing Stitches
|Maximum Sewing Speed (Stitches/min)
|Large Color Touchscreen
|4″ x 4″
|Embroidery hoop, embroidery arm, 7 sewing feet
|Intended for sale in the US at 120 volts
|Void if used or sold for any purpose other than in the US
For those seeking a budget-friendly yet feature-packed option, the Brother SE600 shines. It’s a compact powerhouse with 80 built-in designs and a 4″ x 4″ embroidery field.
The automatic needle threader and drop-in top bobbin simplify the stitching process, and the 3.2″ LCD touchscreen lets you visualize your designs before sewing. It is a perfect choice for those with limited space and a modest budget.
- Affordability: A budget-friendly option without compromising on features.
- Compact Design: Ideal for those with limited space, yet still offering an impressive 4″ x 4″ embroidery field.
- Ease of Use: Automatic needle threader and drop-in top bobbin enhance user convenience.
- Preview Capability: The 3.2″ LCD touchscreen allows you to visualize designs before stitching.
- Limited Built-in Designs: While 80 designs are sufficient, some users may desire more variety.
3. Bernette B79 Sewing & Embroidery Machine
|Bernette B79 Sewing and Embroidery Machine
|Precision sewing and intricate embroidery
|Suitable for crafters of all levels
|Christmas Design Bundle featuring holiday-themed embroidery designs
|Intuitive touchscreen for easy navigation and access to various stitches, embroidery designs, and settings
|Expansive stitch library for essential garment stitches and diverse embroidery designs
|Wide range of stitches and embroidery patterns for both basic sewing and personalized projects
|Robust construction for durability
|Precision and Reliability
|Consistent and accurate stitching for sewing, quilting, and embroidery
|Suitable for Beginners
|Designed as an easy sewing machine for beginners with a user-friendly interface
|Reliable performance year after year
Crafted with precision by Bernina, the Bernette B79 is a premium sewing and embroidery machine. The 5-inch color touchscreen, inclusion of Bernina Toolbox Software, and three embroidery hoops make it a comprehensive package for creative enthusiasts.
While it may seem overwhelming for beginners, its rich features and accessories provide endless possibilities for seasoned crafters looking to elevate their projects.
- Premium Package: The inclusion of Bernina Toolbox Software and a plethora of accessories adds significant value.
- Large Touchscreen: The 5-inch color touchscreen offers intuitive navigation and design preview.
- Exceptional Embroidery Hoops: Three embroidery hoops provide versatility for different project sizes.
- Complexity: Beginners may find the extensive accessories and features a bit overwhelming initially.
4. Janome 001MB7 Multi-Needle Embroidery Machine
|.jef+, .jef, .dst
|Fonts for Monogramming
|800 Stitches Per Minute
|Number of Needles
|Needle Change Capability
|Quick thread changes
|Maximum Embroidery Field
|9.4″ x 7.9″ (238mm x 200mm)
|Remote Computer Screen (RCS)
|Auto-Return Post Thread Break
|Programmable Jump Thread Trimming
|Independent Bobbin Winder
|Prepare New Bobbins While Stitches
Janome’s 001MB7 is a professional-grade multi-needle embroidery machine that delivers efficiency and speed. With compatibility for various embroidery formats, 10 fonts, and a USB port, it caters to diverse design needs.
The high-speed operation at 800 stitches per minute, a large 9.4″ x 7.9″ embroidery field, and advanced features like auto-return post thread break make it a top choice for those who prioritize precision and speed in their embroidery work.
- Professional Features: Reads various embroidery formats, 10 fonts, and a USB port for design import.
- High-Speed Operation: With a maximum speed of 800 stitches per minute, it’s a fast and efficient machine.
- Large Embroidery Field: The 9.4″ x 7.9″ field accommodates sizable designs.
- Advanced Technology: Auto-return post thread break and programmable jump thread trimming enhance efficiency.
- Price: It’s a higher-end model, potentially less accessible for those on a budget.
What to look before buying an Embroidery Machine for Home Business or small business?
To ensure you make an informed decision, consider the following key factors before making your purchase:
1. Purpose and Intended Use:
- Define the primary purpose of the machine: Is it for personal projects, a small home business, or a more significant commercial endeavor?
- Consider the types of projects you plan to undertake, such as monogramming, quilting, or intricate embroidery designs.
2. Embroidery Area and Hoop Size:
- Assess the embroidery field size offered by the machine. Larger fields provide more flexibility for sizable designs.
- Consider the range of hoop sizes available, as different projects may require varying hoop dimensions.
3. Built-in Designs and Fonts:
- Evaluate the number and variety of built-in designs and fonts. A diverse selection allows for greater creative expression.
- Check if the machine allows for importing or adding custom designs.
4. Ease of Use and Learning Curve:
- Consider your skill level. Look for machines with user-friendly interfaces and intuitive controls if you are a beginner.
- Assess the availability of educational resources and customer support for learning and troubleshooting.
5. Speed and Efficiency:
- Determine the machine’s stitching speed, especially if you have a high production volume.
- Look for features such as automatic needle threading and drop-in top bobbins that enhance efficiency and reduce downtime.
6. Compatibility and Connectivity:
- Ensure the machine supports common embroidery file formats.
- Check for USB ports or connectivity options to import and transfer designs seamlessly.
7. Additional Features and Accessories:
- Explore extra features like automatic thread cutters, adjustable presser feet, and specialized embroidery accessories.
- Consider bundled accessories or software that may add value to your purchase.
8. Brand Reputation and Warranty:
- Research the reputation of the brand. Established brands often provide better reliability and customer support.
- Check the warranty terms, including coverage for mechanical, electrical, and circuit components.
9. Space and Portability
- Assess the size and weight of the machine, especially if you have limited workspace.
- Consider portability if you plan to attend craft fairs or events.
10. Budget Considerations
- Define your budget range based on your business requirements and the features you prioritize.
- Factor in potential additional costs for accessories, software, or maintenance.
By carefully considering these factors, you can make a well-informed decision when choosing an embroidery machine for your home or small business.
Tips on Buying an Embroidery Machine for a Home Business
- Know Your Needs: Identify the projects you’ll be working on and how much you’ll make. This helps you choose a machine that fits your business goals.
- Types of Machines: There are different types, such as single-needle and multi-needle machines. Single-needle is good for small projects, while multi-needle is better for larger or more intricate designs. Pick the one that suits your needs.
- Check the Brand: Look for well-known brands with good reviews. A reputable brand usually means better customer support and more accessories for your machine.
- Easy to Use: Choose a machine with simple controls and a clear display. If you’re new to embroidery, an easy-to-navigate machine will save you time and frustration.
- Size and Compatibility: Ensure the machine’s hoop size matches your project dimensions. Check if it works with different file formats to use your preferred embroidery software.
- Built-in Designs: See how many designs come with the machine. More built-in options give you more creativity. Also, check if you can import and customize designs easily.
- Set a Budget: Decide how much you can spend on the machine. Find one that balances essential features with affordability. Remember to include extra costs like accessories and maintenance in your budget.
What is an embroidery machine for a home business?
An embroidery machine for a home business is a specialized sewing machine designed for creating intricate and detailed embroidery designs on various fabrics. It is suitable for individuals running a small-scale embroidery business from their homes.
Why choose an embroidery machine for a home business?
These machines are compact, user-friendly, and designed for smaller-scale production, making them ideal for home-based businesses. They offer a cost-effective way to start an embroidery venture without needing a commercial space.
What features should I look for in an embroidery machine for a home business?
Look for features such as various built-in designs, hoop sizes, ease of use, connectivity options (USB, WiFi), and compatibility with different types of fabrics. Consider the machine’s speed, embroidery area, and the availability of editing functions.
How much space do I need for an embroidery machine at home?
The space required depends on the size of the machine and the accessories. Ensure you have enough room for the machine itself, space to move fabric around, and storage for threads, hoops, and other supplies.
Can beginners use an embroidery machine for a home business?
Yes, many home embroidery machines are designed with beginners in mind. Look for machines with intuitive interfaces, easy threading systems, and helpful tutorials. With some practice, beginners can achieve professional-looking embroidery.
Are there limitations to the types of fabrics an embroidery machine can handle?
While many machines can handle a variety of fabrics, it’s essential to check the machine’s specifications. Some machines may struggle with very thick or delicate fabrics, so choose a machine that suits the type of projects you plan to undertake.
What maintenance is required for an embroidery machine at home?
Regular maintenance includes:
- Cleaning the machine.
- Oiling as per the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Keeping the bobbin area free of lint.
Follow the user manual for specific maintenance guidelines.
Can I use my own custom designs with a home embroidery machine?
Yes, many machines allow you to upload custom designs. Look for machines with USB or WiFi connectivity, and check the file formats supported. Software may be required to convert and transfer designs to the machine.
How do I price my embroidered products for a home business?
Consider factors such as the cost of materials, machine depreciation, labor, and market prices when determining product pricing. Research competitors in your niche to ensure your prices are competitive.
Are there any legal considerations for running an embroidery business from home?
Check local regulations and zoning laws to ensure you can run a business from home. Additionally, consider trademark and copyright issues when using certain designs for commercial purposes.
In conclusion, choosing the best embroidery machine for your home business depends on your specific needs, budget, and skill level.
Whether you opt for the feature-rich Brother SE1900, the budget-friendly Brother SE600, the comprehensive Bernette B79, or the professional-grade Janome 001MB7, each machine promises to elevate your embroidery game and contribute to the success of your home business.