Last Updated on October 9, 2023
Those who enjoy embroidery delight! The perfect embroidery machine Under $2000 can make all the difference in the world of creative sewing.
Each embroidery machine offers distinctive functions that appeal to various creative needs. After carefully considering all available possibilities, the chosen course promises superior craftsmanship and unrestricted artistic expression.
Note: Some of the links on this page are affiliate links. This means I will receive a commission if you order a product through one of my links. I only recommend products I believe in and use myself.
The 5 best embroidery machine under $2000
We’ve researched the market to compile a list of the top embroidery machines under $2000, each with special characteristics to improve your creativity.
- Best for Creativity: Brother NQ1700E – Wireless, spacious, and loaded with diverse designs, perfect for unleashing creative embroidery projects.
- Best Value: Janome MC 9850 – Combines advanced features, touchscreen ease, and diverse stitches, offering exceptional value for both beginners and experienced users.
- Best for Large Projects: Janome MC500E – Expansive embroidery size and intuitive controls, ideal for precise and efficient execution of sizable designs.
- Best for Convenience: Brother SE2100Di – Exclusive Disney designs, wireless functionality, and user-friendly editing tools for convenient and enjoyable embroidery experiences.
- Best Bundle Deal: Brother SE2000 – Packed with features, LCD convenience, and a comprehensive accessory bundle, providing excellent value for sewists and embroiderers alike.
1. Brother Inno-vis NQ1700E Embroidery Machine
- 258 built-in embroidery designs
- 140 frame pattern combinations
- 11 embroidery lettering fonts
- Wireless capability for PC-to-machine design transfer
- 6 x 10 embroidery area
- 4.85-inch color LCD touchscreen display
- Compatible with over 5,000 designs for individual purchase
The NQ1700E boasts an impressive collection of 258 built-in embroidery designs, 140 frame patterns, and 11 embroidery fonts, ensuring your projects are always infused with creativity.
Wireless connectivity brings in the future, allowing for seamless design transfers from your PC to the machine. No USB hassle, just pure creativity flow.
With a 6 x 10 embroidery area and 8.3 inches from needle to arm, this machine accommodates your grandest ideas, turning them into intricate embroidery masterpieces.
The 4.85-inch color LCD touchscreen facilitates easy design editing, offering features like resizing, rotating, and combining designs. Let your imagination run wild at your fingertips.
It has over 5000 different designs available for purchase, ranging from famous Disney characters to legendary superheroes.
2. Janome Horizon Memory Craft 9850 Embroidery and Sewing Machine
- 200 built-in stitches
- 6 one-step buttonholes
- Automatic thread tension and needle threader
- 175 built-in embroidery designs
- USB design transfer
- Full-color touchscreen display
- Supports various thread brands
With 200 built-in stitches, 6 buttonholes, and advanced features like automatic thread tension and needle threader, the Janome MC 9850 ensures precision in every stitch.
175 ready-to-use embroidery designs, effortlessly transfer new patterns via USB, and enjoy the freedom of flexible stitch adjustments. The machine’s versatility lets you bring your artistic visions to life effortlessly.
It has full intensity lighting system, this Janome machine ensures your workspace is well-lit, allowing you to focus on your intricate embroidery projects.
The MC 9850 supports various thread brands and offers adjustable foot pressure, making it the ideal companion for sewists who demand perfection.
Question about Janome MC 9850 and thread breakage
Quialal on Reddit:
“I have a new Janome Memory Craft 9850, which I absolutely love, except 1 thing. My needle thread breaks A LOT. I have checked to make sure the bobbins are wound correctly, I have removed and re inserted the needle. I have changed to a new needle. I have changed the direction the thread comes off the spool.
I have rethreaded. I have adjusted the tension down, which resulted in ugly sewing and I had to put it back up. I have opened up the bobbin case area and cleaned it out. I used this same spool of thread in my old Brother with no issues, although it MIGHT be the issue. It’s the Coats and Clark 50wt. This stuff
I can’t figure out a pattern to the breakage either. Sometimes I can sew half a quilt with no problems and other times it will break every other block. Sometimes between blocks when I’m chain piecing and sometimes in the middle of a seam. I’m hoping someone else has had a similar problem and can point me to something I’m doing wrong with my new machine.”
Sounds like a thread issue. Not all machines play well with all threads. I’ve heard of machines that only like Gutermann and machines that hate it.
Don’t use cheap thread. It causes tension problems. Use (German made) Gutermann, C&Clark, Mettler, Superior, all purpose thread.
3. Brother SE2100Di Disney Sewing and Embroidery Machine
- 100 Disney embroidery patterns available for download
- Artspira mobile app for custom designs and pattern downloads
- 5″ x 7″ embroidery field
- 241 sewing stitches
- Advanced Color Sort and Jump Stitch Trimming functions
- 3.7-inch touchscreen display
100 Disney designs, including renowned princesses and classic characters, will let you unleash your inner kid and give your projects a touch of magic.
The Artspira mobile app lets you create custom designs on your device or download patterns from its vast collection, seamlessly transferring them to your SE2100Di.
Seamlessly switch between sewing and embroidery with 241 sewing stitches and a 5″ x 7″ embroidery field. The machine’s versatility makes it a powerhouse for DIY enthusiasts.
The 3.7-inch touchscreen simplifies on-screen editing, allowing you to refine your designs with ease. Advanced features like color sorting and jump stitch trimming enhance your efficiency.
4. Janome Memory Craft MC500E Embroidery Machine
- Full-color touchscreen display
- On-screen editing functions (enlarge, reduce, rotate, etc.)
- Automatic thread cutter and advanced needle threader
- Maximum embroidery size: 7.9 inches x 11 inches
The full-color touchscreen offers a suite of editing functions, enabling you to transform your designs with enlarging, reducing, rotating, and more, all with a simple touch.
Automatic thread cutter and advanced needle threader ensure your embroidery process is smooth and hassle-free, letting you focus on the artistic aspect of your projects.
With an embroidery size of 7.9 inches x 11 inches, the MC500E provides ample space for your creativity to flourish, allowing you to take on ambitious projects with ease.
5. Brother SE2000 Computerized Sewing and Embroidery Machine
- 241 built-in sewing stitches
- 10 styles of one-step auto-size buttonholes
- My Custom Stitch feature
- Jump Stitch Trimming function
- 3.7-inch LCD display for on-screen editing
- Bundle includes various sewing accessories and 50 free embroidery designs
This package includes not only the feature-rich SE2000 machine but also a bundle of essential accessories, ensuring you have everything you need to kick-start your creative journey.
There are 241 built-in sewing stitches, 10 auto-size buttonholes, and the unique My Custom Stitch feature. This machine can do everything from garment fabrication to quilting.
The LCD display offers easy on-screen editing, allowing you to modify and combine designs effortlessly. Plus, enjoy 50 free embroidery designs, expanding your creative horizons.
FAQ – People Also Ask
Can I use my own designs with these embroidery machines, or am I limited to the built-in patterns?
Yes, you can use your own designs with these machines. They offer various options for design transfer, including USB, wireless connectivity, and mobile apps.
How difficult is learning how to use these machines, especially for beginners?
These embroidery machines are designed with user-friendly interfaces and intuitive touchscreens, making them suitable for beginners. Additionally, they come with detailed user manuals and online tutorials to help you get started.
Are these machines compatible with Mac computers, or do they only work with Windows PCs?
USB connectivity machines can work with Mac and Windows computers for design transfer. However, wireless features and specific apps might have compatibility requirements, so checking the product specifications or consulting customer support for detailed information is advisable.
What kind of maintenance do these embroidery machines require to ensure longevity and optimal performance?
Regular maintenance includes:
- Cleaning the machine after use.
- Oiling specific parts (as recommended in the manual).
- Protecting the machine from dust when not in use.
Can these machines handle thick fabrics like denim or multiple layers of fabric for quilting projects?
Yes, these embroidery machines are equipped to handle a variety of fabrics, including thick materials like denim and multiple layers for quilting projects.
Do these machines come with warranties, and what do the warranties cover?
Yes, these embroidery machines come with warranties. The warranty coverage varies by manufacturer but typically includes parts and labor for a specified period.
Can these machines be used commercially or primarily for personal use?
While these machines are designed for personal and hobbyist use, some use them for small-scale commercial projects. For heavy commercial use, investing in industrial-grade embroidery machines specifically designed for high-volume production is recommended.
In embroidery, these machines provide customized solutions for any requirement.
- For Easy Creativity: Choose Brother NQ1700E for wireless design transfers and ample workspace.
- For Smart Savings: Opt for Janome MC 9850 with its touchscreen ease and diverse stitches, offering great value for your money.
- For Big Ideas: Go for Janome MC500E, providing a large canvas for intricate designs and precise execution.
- For Effortless Charm: Consider Brother SE2100Di for its Disney designs and easy-to-use interface.
- For All-in-One Convenience: Embrace Brother SE2000 with its feature-packed design and extensive accessories, simplifying both sewing and embroidery.
Your choice is now simple: find the one that matches your needs and let your embroidery adventures begin!