Last Updated on January 11, 2021
Knitting is a popular craft tried by every second person once in a lifetime. It is an art. Thus, the projects need quite a few tools to create and complete. Yarn and knitting needles are essential tools for knitting. Knitting needles are not like the regular small, spiked needles. They are different. They come in a pair, are long, and have a pointed edge. But not too sharp.
Though the pair of the rod is big enough, doesn’t lose with a blink of an eye, it needs a case to keep it well-organized. Buying a case just for the needle is not reasonable. The case should be such that it allows storing all the knitting essentials.
So, here we have for you, ten such knitting needle cases for you to have all the tools in one place. Thus, the best knitting needle case makes it easy for you to find the essentials at one go. That means No more frantic search. So, let’s jump on to the review without wasting any more time.
Table of Contents
- Quick Answer – Top 10 Best Knitting Needle Case
- 1. Teamoy Organizer Case for Circular Knitting Needles
- 2. Knitters Travel Case Holds up to 15 Knitting Needles
- 3. Teamoy Crochet Hook Case
- 4. Teamoy Tunisian Crochet Hook Case
- 5. Luxja Knitting Needles Case
- 6. Teamoy Knitting Needles Holder Case
- 7. ProCase Crochet Hook Case
- 8. Teamoy Knitting Needles Case
- 9. Knitting Needles Holder Case Rolling Organizer
- 10. ProCase Crochet Hook Case
- Buying Guide
- Final Thoughts
Quick Answer – Top 10 Best Knitting Needle Case
2. Knitters Travel Case Holds up to 15 Knitting Needles
1. Teamoy Organizer Case for Circular Knitting Needles
This organizer case for knitting accessories is all about simplicity and a lot of space. It has double layers, locked with sturdy zippers. Each of the layers has pockets and bands to keep the needles and accessories. Made of nylon, it is lightweight and going to last for a long time.
Both the sections of the first layer are full of large and small elastic loops. You can store accessories and needles, thick or thin in those. The elastic bands are going to hold the tools tight. To make them more secure, you have slots at the bottom.
The second layer is pretty distinct from the first. At one side of it, you get two mesh zipper pockets. You can store knitting suppliers in them. The other side has 7- elastic loops with two bands at the top and bottom. These two bands are for storing and securing hollow cables.
- Long-lasting and cushioned
- Double opening with a sturdy zipper, enough space to store
- Different sizes of elastic loops and long slots at the bottom
- Two mesh pockets with zipper
- Two elastic bands to secure hollow cables
- Plastic mesh
2. Knitters Travel Case Holds up to 15 Knitting Needles
It is a 15″ long by 6″ wide knitting needle case perfect for traveling. It is long enough to store needles of 14-inch. That is rare when it comes to other needle cases. This travel case by Knitters is simple.
It has only one compartment with 15 slots in it. No extra pockets or pouches. There is a single zipper to close the case. All the six large slots for thicker knitting needles are on one side of the case. The medium and smaller slots are on the other side. They are nine in total.
Those of you who take just the important ones for knitting while you travel, this is a convenient choice for you. The case has the right kind of hard and softness to it. It survives vigorous traveling yet keeps the tools stored in it safe and organized.
- Apt travel case
- 15″ long needle case with a zipper
- Has 15 long slots in both sides
- Stores 15 pairs of knitting needles
- Doesn’t have enough protection
3. Teamoy Crochet Hook Case
It is a roll bag holder for knitting needles and crochet hooks. The canvas fabric is of high quality. One can insert so much in it, but it remains compact and lightweight. It is easy to wrap with the ropes closure, even with the tools stored in it.
It is divided into four folders. At the very left, you have 9- elastic loops with flap on top and slot at the bottom. Right beside that, you get two mesh pockets with zips. The third folder has five slots and five small elastic loops.
Even this one has a flap on top. Then at the very right, you have a single mesh zipper pocket for tape, scissors, and more. The top flaps and bottom slots stop the tools from falling out. It allows both hand and machine wash.
- Beautiful canvas material needle case with nylon ropes closure
- Soft and allows both machine and hand wash
- Folds into a compact size, with the accessories in it
- Three mesh pockets with zippers
- Both big and small rows of elastic loops with flaps at top and slots at the bottom
- Not for long needles
4. Teamoy Tunisian Crochet Hook Case
We have another Teamoy organizer bag here, and it is for knitting needles about 11-inch. This printed knitting needle case is divided into two layers. In the first layer, there are 11 elastic loops, two pouches, a mesh pocket with zipper, and 11 slots.
The top flap and bottom slot prevents the needle from falling out. The other layer has similar elastic loops but a bit larger. Perfect for crochet hooks, it has nine bands and a bottom slot to secure the hooks.
Just above that, you get one mesh pocket. This one also has a zip on it. The other part of the same layer has eight pouches of different depths. It packs all the tools, small or big, pretty neat.
The canvas is durable, not at all delicate for the needle to ruin it with its sharp point. The bag is padded well, so the tools are not going to get damaged. Every layer has a soft liner in it. It assures added protection to the accessories.
- Printed case and well-cushioned
- Two compartments, loops, and pockets on both sides of each compartment
- 20 elastic loops and 11 long slots
- Ten pouches and two mesh pockets with zipper
- Stores up to 11″ long needles
- Doesn’t fit Afghan hooks well
5. Luxja Knitting Needles Case
This is a durable nylon needle case. It’s a scratch-resistant organizer with a double compartment and zipper closure, which is going to last for a long time. Inside you have padded lining. It provides maximum protection to the accessories you stored in it.
The top layer has six pockets horizontally aligned. These are for circular needles. There are another six pockets for circular needles in the bottom layer as well, but they are vertically aligned. Both the part of the top layer has one flap each. So the tools are not going to slide out.
The other part of the top compartment has four pockets with varying depths. They can store knitting needles up to 8 inches. Then, the bottom chamber has two zipper pockets in its remaining part. One is a clear pocket, made of PVC, and the other made of mesh. You can store scissors, tapes, gauge ruler, and more in these pockets.
- Made of nylon, lasts long, scratch-resistant
- Four sections in one case
- Four pockets for knitting needles with flap protection
- Two zip pockets, one clear and one mesh
- 12 pockets for circular needles and cables
- No elastic loops
6. Teamoy Knitting Needles Holder Case
It has a total of 24 different slots of varied depth and width. You have six wide pouches for tools like circular needles, scissors, measuring tape, six medium, and 12 small-sized slots. Depending on the amount and variety of accessories you have, you can store them the way you want.
It wraps into different sizes well. To fold it to the smallest organizer, make sure you store the minimum amount of tools. The shape of the holder will take a U-turn when you store the 14″ needles in it. There is a zipper pocket at the bottom edge. You can store your phone right there.
- Simple cotton canvas printed case
- 27 slots, pouches, and pockets for knitting tools
- Wraps clean and nice with the tools inside and has a rope closer
- Zipper pocket at the edge fits a phone with ease
- Top flap for securing the needles
- Doesn’t hold the needles tight
7. ProCase Crochet Hook Case
The nylon exterior and semi-flexible cover protect the tools like no other. Small-sized tools have all the more reasons to lose. So, this is the best knitting needle case for smaller tools. This one also has a double layer and zip closure. The first layer has elastic loops in both parts.
It has a total of 22 elastic loops, ten bigger loops on one part, and four bigger and eight smaller loops in the other. You have top flap and bottom slots to stop the tools from falling out. In the second layer, you get three mesh zipper pockets. A big mesh pocket occupies one whole section and two smaller ones of the same size the other.
- Heavy-duty nylon case with padding
- Double-layer design with sturdy zippers
- Three mesh zip pockets, one large and two small
- 14 large and eight small elastic loops
- Both top flaps and bottom slots prevent needles from falling out
- Might seem a bit bulky to many
8. Teamoy Knitting Needles Case
This one follows the same pattern of the Tunisian hooks organizer bag by Teamoy, but instead of 11″, it stores needles up to 10″. The difference might seem like just an inch, but it matters. Also, this one has a different arrangement of pockets and loops.
Like the previous one, this one has the same coated canvas. So, it is durable. Inside the bag, you have cushioning and liners for protecting the tools. It is well made, very lightweight, and compact.
The two zipper compartments are different from each other. In one section, there are five small and five big elastic loops with top flaps and bottom slots for protection. Up above, there is a mesh zipper pocket.
The other side of the same section has three 5.3 inches and three 7.5 inches deep slots. The second layer also has a similar number and depth of slots in its one part. The other part has four 4.2 inches pouches that are apt for circular knitting needles.
- Printed canvas, well-cushioned with soft pad liner
- Designed for needles up to 10″
- 12 nylon pockets with varied depth
- Five small and five large loops and one mesh pocket
- Four pockets with same depth for circular needles and cables
- Smells a bit weird
9. Knitting Needles Holder Case Rolling Organizer
We have another holder case rolling organizer in our best knitting needle case review. Quite similar to the Teamoy one we reviewed above but has a different design. It holds all types of needles, straight, double points, long or short. By long, we mean up to 14″.
It is made of premium canvas. So, it is bound to last long. The printed, colorful design on the cover makes it distinct and pretty. Inside, you get a total of 24 slots. They are all of different depth and width. For circular knitting needles, it has six wide pockets both at the left and the right side.
In between, you have six medium and 12 small slots. There is a zipper pocket, as well. It is a tri-fold case and rolls up easily with the tools inside. The top flap holds the tools in place and prevents them from falling out. To tie it up, you have rope closer attached to it. All in all, it’s beautiful, handy, and can be an excellent gift for your loved ones.
- A tri-fold case, easy to wrap
- Premium printed canvas, easy to wash
- 24 varied sizes of slots
- A zip pocket at the bottom edge
- Secure top flaps and has rope closure
- Thin fabric
10. ProCase Crochet Hook Case
This classic black needle organizer has a durable nylon body. Inside, it is well-padded. It has a double-layered design with a zipper to lock it. The sturdy zipper makes it easy to close and open. A needle pair up to 9″ can easily fit inside it.
One of the layers has only elastic loops and a small mesh pocket with a zipper. The other layer has six same sized pouches for circular knitting needles and two large zippered mesh pockets. These zipper pockets are the best for storing scissors, safety pins, measuring tape, stitch holders, and other tools.
Among the elastic loops, 18 are big in size and six small. The smaller loops are apt for slim hooks and needles. It has flaps on both sides of the top compartment. They work great in protecting the tools.
- A simple black double layer knitting case
- Nylon body and well-cushioned
- Six pouches and three mesh pockets with zips
- 18 large and 6- small elastic loops
- Top flaps protect needles from sliding out
- Not for needles longer than 9″
Buying a knitting needle case is up to your choice. So, let us have a brief discussion on what you need in a knitting needle case.
It all comes to the needle size. Your needle case has to be longer than your needle size by at least one inch. We have reviewed the smallest to the longest needle cases. We have the best knitting needle case for a pair of 6.5-inch needles as well as 14 inches needles.
If you are not used to the longer needles, a bulky needle case is a wastage. And if you use the longer ones, then the smaller cases will be of no use. So while buying a knitting needle case, measure the height with the longest pair of needles you use. If that fits well, the smaller ones will fit even better.
You can choose a semi-flexible case or tri-fold bag. Both are great and made of durable material. If you have too many accessories to organize, then a folding bag is not the best choice for you. You might find it tough to wrap due to too many tools in it.
Instead, store your things in the semi-flexible cases. They have compartments, layers and are roomy enough to organize and secure as many needles you want. For lesser tools and traveling, foldable organizers are best.
Loops, Pockets, And Pouches
To store different knitting needles, accessories, and supplier tools, you need every type of pockets and slots possible. Buy one that has varied sizes of elastic loops, mesh pockets, pouches for circular knitting needles, and slots.
The more pockets you have, the better you can store tools up. You can have all your tools in one place, neatly organized. Nothing is going to mix up and lost.
Just organizing the knitting tools is never enough. If the case is not sturdy enough, the tools are going to get damaged. They might ruin the case as well. Without top flaps and bottom slots, the needles will slide or fall out. You also need well-cushioning and liners inside. All these ensure maximum protection to your knitting tools and the case as well.
If you already have a knitting bag but find it too huge to carry on the go, you can very well carry a small knitting case packed with only the most essentials. Or if a knitting bag is not enough for all your accessories, then keep it for the yarns only and try one from our best knitting needle case review. They are all small and handy.
At least smaller than the knitting bag you are planning to carry. And to make it clear, in a knitting bag, you will not get enough space and sections to organize your tools well. You have individual pouches, pockets, and slots for every type of knitting needles and tools in a knitting needle case. So you need it all the more.
If its sturdy, well-cushioned, have enough space, pockets, flaps, and slots, then it is the best. The size can vary. Our criteria for choosing the best from the best were mostly these points only. Anything else is either a bonus or not significant enough to get a mention. So, decide which one has caught your attention.