Last Updated on November 14, 2022
How to Choose a Knitted bag: A knitted bag is original, elegant, and practical. Similar bags can be seen in the collections of the most fashionable brands. And craftswomen can tie themselves into an unique bag for any outfit. Although by themselves, these are all-season models.
How to Choose a Knitted bags
(I have written an article on Differences between Knit vs Woven Fabric you may interested on it.)
Materials of Knitted Bags
Any bag should be strong but, at the same time, beautiful and stylish in the external decor. It is preferable to use thick threads but not coarse yarn. The most commonly used types of base materials are:
- Linen and acrylic.
- Wool fiber.
- Nylon yarn.
- Satin ribbons.
- Fabric strips.
- Strips of polyethylene.
The variety of possible bases is impressive and allows the needlewoman to work on creating a bag of any format.
Linen and acrylic
Soft synthetic fabric is perfect for creating decorative handbags, crocheted. The thread easily slides over the tool, making it possible to knit the most intricate patterns on the front wall of the accessory.
A wool thread is perfect for beach models for more dense options and hand-held miniature bags.
If desired, a nylon thread of any color and thickness can be made independently from old tights, with minimal knitting of knots (the technique of continuous cutting of the web).
Even without original knitting ornaments, such a bag model will look rich, thanks to the large knitting of the canvas.
Experienced needlewomen, using colorful multi-colored ribbons, create original soft handbags. You will need to sew the lining to add additional strength, but this detail will not take much time.
A glossy surface and contrasting colors perfectly emphasize the image of your hostess.
Knitting bags are a relatively young but trendy method in needlework. It is characterized by simplicity, accessibility of materials of any shade and thickness, and rich patterns.
Fabric strips are made in the same way as nylon threads.
The last option, invented as an original technique by needlewomen, is knitting a canvas for a bag made of polyethylene. The material is comfortable, practical, and easy to work with.
To knit these types of knitting bag, you will need a Knitting Needle. A knitting needle is a tool that is used to create knitted fabrics, which has points at the end of it and can be straight, circular or double pointed. Knitting needles come in different shapes and sizes with straight being the most common shape found on these tools in case or single today.
Knitted bags can be made in any style, here are just a few examples of bags for modern looks:
- Small neat feminine handbags connected by dense knitting of synthetic threads of different colors.
- Decor – a large brush made of the same yarn, fixed on the handle with a metal ring.
- A neat clutch bag decorated with shiny beads, a set handle made of beads, and metal springs. A cute accessory that can harmoniously complement the everyday image of basic things.
- Spectacular double-layer knitted bag. The inner layer is connected by a very dense viscous outer layer-a combination of openwork and relief pattern. A large volume of flowers is connected for decoration from the main yarn. The handles of the bag are made of leather.
- The bag is a classic shape, tied with very thick yarn. Lock and handle in the form of a chain made of the yellow metal.
- The basket bag is connected with a relief pattern decorated with pearls. The handles of the bag are made of polymer material. This model will perfectly complement the image in an ethnic style.
- A three-dimensional hobo bag connected by a machine with a viscous relief pattern. The model looks good with casual looks in the simple style.
- An attractive bag with a handle bracelet. The model is decorated with chains and a metal dragonfly figurine.
- An attractive bag assembled from elements connected in the form of daisies. This model will look good on vacation.
- Openwork clutch pouch with a handle made of beads tied with the main yarn. Model on a thick textile cover. Bag with drawstrings, ties decorated with pompoms.
- Youth version-a knitted backpack bag. An efficient and convenient model, the valve is decorated with relief knitting, and a large brush is used for decoration.
- The boho-style bag is connected with a raised pattern decorated with fringe. It will perfectly complement ensembles of the same style and look good with jeans or denim.
Advantage of Knitted Bags
The undoubted advantage of a knitted bag is its originality. And if we are talking about handmade models, then uniqueness. Going out with such a purse, you cannot be afraid that you will meet a good dozen women with the same accessory. Besides, knitted bags are easy to care for and cleaned or washed like other knitwear.
Disadvantage of Knitted Bags
However, we cannot say that a knitted bag is an ideal accessory without drawbacks. Owners of accessories should know about the disadvantages:
- The bag would retain its attractive appearance if you used high-quality yarn for knitting. If the threads are cheap, the product can quickly stretch out, and pellets will soon appear on the surface.
- A knitted accessory requires careful handling. Otherwise, puffs or loose loops will quickly appear on the bag’s surface. The tighter the binding of the bag, the stronger they are, but openwork accessories, although very beautiful, constantly cling to something.
- Knitted bags can hardly be called a universal accessory. As a rule, they are bought for certain clothes. Therefore, when creating other ensembles, you must carefully monitor that the accessory does not look alien.
A good knitting bag depends on the desire of the needlewoman or the fashionista. The designs mentioned above are not all variants of knitted bags. You can make bags of any desired style. Thus Knitted bags is more characterized by strict lines, relief patterns and ornaments, and a dense structure.
You can choose the simplest design if you do not have enough experience and practical skills. Even light circular knitting perfectly emphasizes the style of a homemade bag.
I Like to write and read on fashion, may be that’s why “Fashion says “me too” style says “only me”
You must log in to post a comment.