Last Updated on August 16, 2023
Discover How to get chapstick out of clothes: Hey there! Have you ever accidentally gotten lip balm on your clothes and wondered how to remove it? Accidents happen, and sometimes your favorite lip balm leaves an unwanted mark on your clothes. Don’t fret – there are easy ways to remove chapstick stains from your garments without a fuss.
How to get chapstick out of clothes
So, What is the best way to get chapstick out of clothes? Here, we’ll share two effective methods to tackle clear and colored lip balm stains using common household items.
Method 1: Clear Lip Balm – how to get clear lip gloss out of clothes
Does clear lip gloss stain clothes? The answer is Yes! If your lip balm is clear, you’re in luck. Follow these steps to remove the stain:
- Place the stained clothing item in the freezer. Make sure the lip balm is completely dry before freezing.
- Once frozen, gently scrape off the lip balm using a blunt edge, like a spoon. Be careful not to damage the fabric.
- If any residue remains, dab the area with a clean cloth soaked in rubbing alcohol. Blot, don’t rub, to avoid spreading the stain.
Method 2: For Colored Lip Balm – how to get colored chapstick out of clothes
For colored lip balm stains, the following technique will come to the rescue:
- Act quickly – gently scrape off any excess lip balm using a butter knife or the edge of a credit card. Avoid pushing the stain further into the fabric.
- Apply a small amount of liquid dishwashing detergent directly onto the stain.
- Gently rub the fabric together or use a soft-bristle toothbrush to work the detergent into the stain.
- Let the detergent sit on the stain for 10-15 minutes to break down the oils in the lip balm.
- Wash the garment according to the care label instructions. Ensure the stain is gone before drying, as heat can set the stain.
If the stain persists, consider using a stain-fighting agent like OxiClean. Follow the product’s instructions and pre-treat the stain before laundering.
OxiClean Versatile Stain Remover Powder
- One 7.22 lb. box of Stain Remover Powder
- The water-activated formula gets out tough dirt
- Works with regular detergent
- Chlorine-free and color-safe formula
- Works on upholstery and nearly any surface
Will chapstick come out of clothes that have been dried?
If chapstick stains have already set after drying, they may be more challenging to remove. However, you can still try the methods mentioned earlier, like using dishwashing soap or OxiClean.
Remember that the sooner you address the stain, the better the chances of successful removal.
How do you get chapstick out of clothes that have been washed and dried?
To remove chapstick stains from clothes that have been washed and dried, you can try this simple method:
- Apply a small amount of Dawn dishwashing liquid onto the stain.
- Let it sit for a while to soak in.
- Rewash the item as usual. Dawn works wonders on greasy stains, even after drying. Best of luck!
Does Vaseline ChapStick stain clothes?
Yes, Vaseline ChapStick can stain clothes. The oil-based jelly in Vaseline can leave stubborn stains on clothing that might not come out even after multiple washes. It’s important to be cautious when using Vaseline ChapStick to avoid accidental stains on your clothes.
Removing chapstick stains from clothes may seem tricky, but with these easy and effective methods, you can restore your garments to their pristine condition.
Whether dealing with clear or colored lip balm, freezing, dishwashing detergent, and stain removers like OxiClean are your allies in the battle against stubborn stains. Keep these tricks up, and never worry about lip balm stains again.
I Like to write and read on fashion, may be that’s why “Fashion says “me too” style says “only me”