Last Updated on December 6, 2023
Hey there, crafters! In today’s tutorial, I’m excited to walk you through the new monogram feature in Cricut Design Space, introduced with the 7.9 update.
This creative tool allows you to personalize your projects with stylish monograms, adding that extra touch of uniqueness.
- Unleash your creativity with the new monogram feature in Cricut Design Space, offering a wide range of styles and combinations for personalized projects.
- Consider a Cricut Access membership for full access to the monogram feature, enabling you to cut and use your designs in various crafts.
- The monogram feature adds a custom touch to various projects, from vinyl decals to personalized sports gear and unique envelope designs.
- Use the flatten feature for proper layer alignment and employ a scoring rectangle to ensure precise envelopment placement.
- Watch for Cricut Design Space updates as the platform evolves, bringing new features and possibilities to enhance your crafting experience.
However, remember that this feature is currently available only for desktop or laptop users.
|Read More – How Much Does a Monogram Machine Cost?
How to Make a Monogram in Cricut Design Space
In Cricut Design Space, make a monogram by selecting the 7.9 update’s new feature, choosing a style, adding initials, and picking the right settings for cutting or drawing.
So, let’s dive in and explore the possibilities!
Subscription and Access
You’ll need a Cricut Access membership to make the most of the monogram feature.
If you’re not a subscriber, you can still explore and design your monogram but will only be able to cut or use it with the subscription.
Luckily, Cricut offers a 30-day free trial for Cricut Access, so you can test it out before committing.
Exploring Monogram Combinations
Once you’ve accessed the monogram feature, you’ll be amazed by the numerous combinations available.
From classic to modern, handwritten to vintage, and even thematic monograms, there’s a style for every project.
You can choose different fonts and frames and personalize your monogram with up to four initials.
Let’s walk through a couple of projects to demonstrate how easy it is to use the monogram feature.
1. Vinyl Decal Project
- Select a monogram style and add it to your canvas.
- Adjust size and color according to your preference.
- Cut it out on adhesive vinyl using the appropriate setting.
- Using transfer tape, apply the monogram to your chosen item, like a watering can.
2. Personalized Sports Gear
- Choose a monogram style and customize it for your project.
- Adjust colors to match your team’s theme.
- Use the cut setting for adhesive vinyl to create a sports-themed monogram.
- Apply the monogram to items like water bottles or sports equipment.
3. Draw Feature for Special Touch
- Opt for the draw setting in Cricut Design Space.
- Design a monogram for drawing on envelopes or paper.
- Utilize a scoring stylus for the outline and a Cricut pen for the drawing.
|Read More – How to Do Monogramming With a Sewing Machine?
Tips and Hacks
- Use the flatten feature to ensure the layers of your monogram are properly aligned before cutting or drawing.
- For precise positioning on an envelope, create a scoring rectangle to guide the placement of your monogram.
Is the monogram feature available on mobile devices?
As of the 7.9 update, the monogram feature is available only for desktop or laptop users. While there is speculation about its potential availability on iOS or Android devices, it has not been implemented on any mobile apps at this time.
Can I still access the monogram feature without a Cricut Access membership?
You can explore and design your monogram without a Cricut Access membership. However, a subscription is required to cut or use the monogram in your projects. Cricut offers a 30-day free trial for Cricut Access, allowing you to test the feature before committing.
Are there different styles and fonts available for monograms?
The monogram feature offers many styles, including classic, modern, handwritten, vintage, thematic, and more. You can also choose from various font options to customize your monogram further.
Can I use the monogram feature for different types of projects?
The monogram feature is versatile and can be applied to various projects. There are endless possibilities, whether you’re creating vinyl decals, personalizing sports gear, or adding a special touch to envelopes.
What is the purpose of the “flatten” feature in Cricut Design Space?
The “flatten” feature is crucial for ensuring that the layers of your monogram are properly aligned before cutting or drawing.
How do I precisely position a monogram on an envelope in Cricut Design Space?
Create a scoring rectangle with dimensions matching the envelope flap to achieve precise positioning on an envelope. Align the monogram within this rectangle, ensuring proper centering.
Can I use the monogram feature for drawing on paper or envelopes?
Utilize the draw setting in Cricut Design Space to create monograms specifically designed for drawing on paper or envelopes. Combine the scoring stylus for the outline and a Cricut pen for the drawing to achieve a unique and personalized touch.
The monogram feature in Cricut Design Space opens up for personalizing your projects.
Whether you’re crafting vinyl decals, sports gear, or adding a special touch to envelopes, this feature allows for endless creativity.
Remember to explore new Design Space updates, as Cricut continually enhances its features.
I Like to write and read on fashion, may be that’s why “Fashion says “me too” style says “only me”