Last Updated on November 3, 2022
How to Make an Organizers for Needlework or Knitting: How to make it yourself? Needlewomen know how important it is to have all the accessories at hand without wasting time searching for a particular part, unwinding threads, or small bulkhead accessories. The needlework organizer will allow you to always keep the necessary items in an order, in convenient places for them. This article will discuss needlework organizers and how to make a similar accessory at home.
Description and Purpose of an Organizers
Organizers are trendy because it is an ideal places to store all sorts of small things. You can put socks, underwear, and other items in such containers. Many anglers also use this accessory because, in such a mini-locker, you can put a lot of hooks and other elements necessary for fishing. Such an excellent container will also become a reliable assistant for needlewomen.
In the classic version, a women’s organizer for needlework is a box with cells.
Accessories used by craftswomen often have different sizes. Among them, there may be prickly objects. These factors affect the choice of the product, its size, shape, and material used.
Most often, store versions are made of spun-bond, a uniquely durable material that allows you to use the product for a long time. Such models have increased resistance to external influences; insects and moths do not eat them and are easy to care for.
In some designs, transparent polyethylene inserts are provided, and they are equipped with dense cardboard walls. With careful use, such an accessory will serve for many years, pleasing with functionality and unpretentiousness.
Similar products can be divided into variants with and without a lid. The first option is suitable for use in open sections of the furniture. Models with a lid are more often used in sliding structures, closed shelves, and cabinets.
Organizers Can Be
- With cells,
- With compartments,
- In the form of a mix, with a mixed storage system that combines cells and compartments,
- As a set.
Variants in the form of a set are more often a design consisting of a large organizer with cells and large and small capacity with compartments.
Having a craft organizer will help you keep the necessary supplies in one place. Small portable models allow you to transport them if necessary.
What Are the Different Types of Organizer?
There are different versions of such products. Needlewomen may prefer accessories, ranging from very small containers, for example, for storing beads, and ending with a large bulky bag for yarn or sewing accessories. Similar products vary in type, size, and purpose.
Let’s look at the most popular ones:
1. Storing Beads
They are more often a soft plastic container divided into segments. Each segment is a separate compartment with a locking cap.
Boxes filled with beads or other small accessories can be shaken and even dropped. It will not affect the internal filling, as the latches will securely hold the contents inside.
2. Organizers for Needles and Threads
They provide a place for needles, as well as for threads. Sewists and embroiderers will solve the problem of constantly changing threads in needles. A product with cells and foam rubber will provide each needle with a particular thread color separately and protect the threads from tangling.
3. Cross Stitch Organizer
A model for cross-stitch and a carousel version for floss will be the most successful option for a needlewoman.
4. Organizers for Sewing Items
This is an ideal place to store threads, buttons, patterns, decorative ribbons, satin ribbons, and other small items.
5. Glomerulus (Wooden Yarn Bowl)
Different Types of Organizer
- Desktop and floor organizer
- Hanging organizer
- Cabinet or shelves
A folding table or floor organizer allows you to keep the necessary accessories at hand. A basket with a flat bottom can also be used as a storage space. Here you can also store yarn with knitting needles or patterns.
A handmade hanging organizer is also a very convenient and popular option. You can make it in a flat form with pockets or in the form of shelves.
Usually, such structures are attached with Velcro to the crossbar in the cabinet. Hanging options can include up to several dozen storage spaces. Models in the form of shelves consist of several compartments.
Most Popular Options to Store Knitting Needles and Sewing Accessories
The Needlework or Knitting Organizers will be a great option as a gift for the craftswoman. She will no longer have to deal with the problem of storing numerous bags of material and yarn, as well as knitting needles and accessories, as everything you need will be collected in one place.
The most suitable models for needlewomen include some options.
- Organizer for floss: Thanks to its convenient location and suitable dimensions, the needlewoman will no longer have to unravel the threads. The horizontal position allows you to find the desired shade quickly.
- Purse bag for accessories: Its presence will allow you to arrange them carefully. Many pockets will let you find a safe place for small things.
- Cloth bag: A cloth bag for tools will become a real assistant for the craftswoman in her work. Tools will become a real assistant for the craftswoman in her work.
- Folding Bag: The folding version can be an ideal place for tools and bobbins.
- Round box made of fabric: The accessory will perfectly fit into the interior, made in a rustic style.
You can always choose the most suitable option among a wide variety of models.
How to Make Organizers Yourself?
Given how talented creative people can be, many of them make similar organizers on their own.
Each craftswoman will be able to make an original and functional model with her own hands. Often, such products are superior in appearance to store-bought options.
Tools and materials
Any suitable materials are used as the basis for creating crafts. In this case, boxes, containers, and stands can be used. Similar products can be made of cardboard, fabric, plywood, plastic, or fiberboard. You will get a very convenient and functional chest made of shoe boxes.
Exciting, cute, and original handmade Knitting Bag are usually made of fabric. Sewing a fabric craft is not difficult at all. To make such a simple option, you should stock up on the necessary materials and choose the right tools in advance.
- Flaps of fabric (for the front part of the product)
- Material for covering the interior of the model
- A piece of cloth for the back
- A long narrow strip of fabric that will act as a book binding
- Batting and synthetic winterizer for sealing
- Fabric cuts of felt
- Thread, Needle, Scissors
- Lace, Satin ribbon, Hook and Buttons
Externally, the product will look like a notepad. The choice of fabric for it depends on personal preferences and the availability of textiles.
DIY Making Process of Organizer or Storage
A guideline on making crafts will allow you to make an organizer yourself with your own hands.
- Pieces are cut from the selected material, considering the size.
- The front and back parts, as well as a strip of fabric for binding, are sewn together.
- The result is a canvas consisting of the main parts.
- The cover is reinforced with a layer of batting. You can also use a synthetic winterizer. So that the substrate does not move out, it is sewn to the base.
- On the back side of the workpiece, make a loop.
- A decorative seam is sewn around the perimeter of the model so that the fabric layers do not shift.
It remains to fill the blank cover with felt sheets, sewing them to the binding. However, it is important not to display the thread on the front side. Pages of “notepad” are supplemented with pockets, loops, and clips. A button is used as a fastener.
Similarly, you can make a small organizer and use it to store needles, sewing scissors, and buttons or sew a large bag for needlework.
Pages of “notepad” are supplemented with pockets, loops, and clips. A button is used as a fastener.
Handmade products will be more than just functional items. They will become decorations of any interior, complementing it. Also, this craft will be a wonderful gift for a young needlewoman. It is also suitable as a gift for an experienced seamstress for a organizing knitting items or storing embroidery.