Last Updated on October 14, 2023
Looking to add a touch of personality to your plain jacket? Patches are the way to go! Here, we’ll show you how to spice up your jacket without the hassle of using a sewing machine.
- Choose durable jackets made of cotton or denim to ensure patches adhere securely and safely.
- Choose patches that have special meaning for you to enhance the appearance of your jacket.
- Use an iron set to the cotton setting and a scrap cloth to easily set patches. For a solid hold, heat both sides.
- Sew patches with a straight stitch, matching the thread color to the patch’s rim.
- Sewing patches takes 20 to 30 minutes per patch.
It’s an easy, creative, and fun DIY project that instantly elevates your denim jacket look.
Choosing the Right Jacket and Patches
Before we get started, it’s essential to choose the right jacket. Opt for a tough fabric like cotton or denim, avoiding materials with low melting points like polyester or nylon. As for patches, pick designs that resonate with you.
You can choose meaningful patches – initials, a tiger symbolizing fierceness, and the Kanagawa wave representing irresistible force.
How to Put a Patch on a Jacket?
Easily add patches to your jacket by sewing them securely with matching thread or pressing them on the sticky side after preheating an iron.
So, let’s dive in and learn how to seamlessly attach patches to your jacket step by step.
Materials You’ll Need
- Preheat your iron to the cotton setting (usually setting number 3).
- Iron the jacket area where you plan to attach the patch to flatten it.
Attaching the Patch
- Position the patch on the jacket.
- Place a scrap cloth over the patch to protect it from burning.
- Press the iron onto the patch for 10 to 15 seconds. If you’re ironing both sides, flip the jacket and repeat the process.
- Let the patch cool for a minute to ensure it’s firmly attached.
- If you prefer a more secure attachment, especially for long-term use, or if you plan to wash the jacket, sewing is a great option.
- Use a pin to fix the patch in place.
- Thread your needle and tie a knot at the end of the thread.
- Stitch around the patch using a simple straight stitch, matching the thread color with the patch’s rim.
- Tie a knot at the end, cut off the excess thread, and securely attach your patch.
How long it will take to Put a Patch on a Jacket?
Sewing on patches might take some time, usually around 20 to 30 minutes per patch. Take this opportunity to enjoy some music or listen to an audiobook. The result will undoubtedly be worth the patience!
And there you have it – a personalized jacket that reflects your style and personality, achieved without a sewing machine.
Ironing or sewing techniques ensure that your patches stay in place and instantly spruce up your denim jacket.
So, why wait? Grab your favorite patches and get creative!
I Like to write and read on fashion, may be that’s why “Fashion says “me too” style says “only me”