Last Updated on December 18, 2023
Many, especially children, love Coca-Cola’s carbonated drink. Therefore, many homemakers have to deal with cola stains on clothes or furniture upholstery from time to time. Often it is not possible to wash the cola immediately.
- Tackle cola stains ASAP; waiting makes it harder to remove.
- Regular washing won’t cut it; use specific stain removers or home remedies before washing.
- Try household items like ammonia, baking soda, oxalic acid, laundry soap, or a glycerin-egg mix for stain removal.
- Different fabrics need different treatments; avoid bleach on colors, and test on a small area first.
- Coca-Cola can stain white shirts; rinse with cold water, apply a stain remover, and follow care label instructions for best results.
It quickly eats into the fabric’s fibers and leaves a brown mark. But it is still possible to cope with such a problem by improvising means and special stain removers.
Do Cola Stains Remain – Does Coca Cola Stain Clothes?
It is not possible to remove the trace of cola in the usual way completely. The drink contains caramel color and tannins – food coloring and caffeine. For the dirt from the black liquid to be washed off without a trace, you need to treat them with special means before sending the soiled item to the washing machine.
How to Get Coke Out of Clothes – Here are the top ways
If there is no special remedy at home, you can use the helpers with which the homemakers wash most food stains.
They can be found in the kitchen or medicine cabinet.
To remove cola quickly and without problems, it is necessary to remove pollution immediately after its appearance.
The liquid is easy to remove, but you must work a little with a dried drink.
When starting to remove traces of cola, you should follow some recommendations:
- Read the label for the care of the soiled item to apply the product correctly and not spoil the product.
- Do not use chlorine-containing products for colored fabrics.
- Do not use stain removers based on active oxygen to things made of wool, silk, and leather.
- Do not clean woolen products with ammonia.
- Before use, test the fabric for a reaction from the wrong side, in an inconspicuous area;
- Use only cold or warm water to wash off the product.
- For removing cola from clothes, it is desirable to carry out processing on both sides of the fabric: inner and outer.
1. Get Coke Out of Clothes With Ammonia
Cola can be washed off using ammonia. It will be best if you do the following:
- Combine 4-parts of glycerin with 1 part of ammonia.
- Leave it in a warm place for a couple of hours.
- Apply to contamination. Wait half an hour.
- Wash the item.
- For processing delicate things with such a mixture, a solution is made in a ratio of 6: 1.
- When applying, ensure that the mixture is completely saturated with the fabric.
2. Remove Cola Stains With Baking Soda
For baking soda to help remove cola from a white T-shirt, it is combined with a chlorine-containing preparation, “Whiteness.”
Processing is done like this:
To remove cola stains with baking soda, moisten the stain, sprinkle a thick layer of baking soda, add a bit of bleach, wait a few minutes, and then wash as usual.
This method is only suitable for light, dense fabrics, as it has an aggressive effect and can ruin a thin, silk, or colored item.
3. Remove Coca Cola Stains With Oxalic Acid
If there was no baking soda and ammonia in the house, but oxalic acid was found, you can successfully use it to remove a cola stain on light or white clothes.
Remove contamination as follows:
- Mix oxalic and citric acid in a ratio of 1:2.
- Dissolve in a glass of water until the crystals disappear.
- A clean sponge is moistened with a solution, and the mark is wiped off.
- Wash the whole thing according to the instructions on the tag.
- It is better not to use this method for colored fabrics since the product has a whitening effect.
4. Remove Cola Stains With Laundry Soap
If the carbonated drink has just been spilled and the stain is still fresh, you can wash it off with laundry soap and salt at home.
How to do it?
Remove cola stains from clothes by pouring salt onto the stain to absorb remnants. Dissolve half a glass of salt in warm water, soak the garment for 10-15 minutes, rub the stain with laundry soap, and then soak it in salt water for another 15 minutes. Avoid overexposing the fabric to salt to prevent damage.
5. Get Cola Out of Clothes With Glycerine and Egg
Homemakers have long used a mixture of glycerin and egg yolk to remove various dirt from colored clothes.
They do it like this:
- Mix 1 yolk with the same amount of glycerin.
- Rub the resulting mixture into traces of cola, and leave for a couple of hours.
- Wash clothes according to the label on the product.
- You can safely use such a tool to wash cola not only from colored but also from delicate fabrics.
Important Note: For restoring the color scheme on clothes after using one of the listed folk methods, it is recommended to rinse the item in water with the addition of table vinegar.The Sewing Stuffs Team
Does Coca Cola Stain White Shirts
Yes, Coca-Cola can definitely stain white shirts. The drink’s dark color and high sugar content can leave unsightly stains on clothing, especially if the spill needs to be cleaned up immediately.
It’s always best to avoid spilling any dark-colored beverage on your clothing, but if you do happen to spill Coca-Cola on a white shirt, try to rinse it out with cold water as soon as possible and treat the stain with a stain remover before washing the shirt.
Every homemaker can qualitatively wash cola from clothes of any color. You need to follow the recommendations described above and have a desire to return the soiled item to its original appearance. It can be done using improvised means or household chemicals.