Last Updated on January 29, 2023
How to remove coca cola stain easily: Many, especially children, love Coca-Cola’s carbonated drink. Therefore, many homemakers have to deal with cola stains on clothes or furniture upholstery from time to time. Often it is not possible to wash the cola immediately. It quickly eats into the fabric’s fibers and leaves a brown mark. But it is still possible to cope with such a problem by improvising means and special stain removers.
Do Cola Stains Remain – Does Cola Stain Clothes?
It is not possible to remove the trace of cola in the usual way completely. The drink contains caramel color and tannins – food coloring and caffeine. For the dirt from the black liquid to be washed off without a trace, you need to treat them with special means before sending the soiled item to the washing machine.
For this use:
- Organic acids – citric, oxalic, acetic;
- Alkaline solutions – ammonia, laundry soap, baking soda, borax;
- Dishwashing detergents;
- Special and universal stain removers and bleaches.
Important Note: To remove cola quickly and without problems, it is necessary to remove pollution immediately after its appearance. The liquid is easy to remove, but you must work a little with a dried drink.The Sewing Stuffs Team
1. How to Wash Cola in Folkways?
If there is no special remedy at home, you can use the helpers with which the homemakers wash most food stains. They can be found in the kitchen or medicine cabinet.
When starting to remove traces of cola, you should follow some recommendations:
- Read the label for the care of the soiled item to apply the product correctly and not spoil the product.
- Do not use chlorine-containing products for colored fabrics.
- Do not use stain removers based on active oxygen to things made of wool, silk, and leather.
- Do not clean woolen products with ammonia.
- Before use, test the fabric for a reaction from the wrong side, in an inconspicuous area;
- Use only cold or warm water to wash off the product.
- For removing cola from clothes, it is desirable to carry out processing on both sides of the fabric: inner and outer.
2. How to Get Coca-cola Stains Out of Clothes With Ammonia?
Cola can be washed off using ammonia. It will be best if you do the following:
- Combine 4-parts of glycerin with 1 part of ammonia.
- Please leave it in a warm place for a couple of hours.
- Apply to contamination. Wait half an hour.
- Wash the item.
- For processing delicate things with such a mixture, a solution is made in a ratio of 6: 1.
- When applying, ensure that the mixture is completely saturated with the fabric.
3. How to Remove Cola Stains With Baking Soda?
For baking soda to help remove cola from a white T-shirt, it is combined with a chlorine-containing preparation, “Whiteness.”
Processing is done like this:
- A trace of cola is moistened with water.
- Sprinkle a thick layer of baking soda on top.
- Then some bleach is added.
- Wait a few minutes and wash as usual.
This method is only suitable for light, dense fabrics, as it has an aggressive effect and can ruin a thin, silk, or colored item.
4. How to Remove Coca Cola Stains With Oxalic Acid?
If there was no baking soda and ammonia in the house, but oxalic acid was found, you can successfully use it to remove a cola stain on light or white clothes.
Remove contamination as follows:
- Mix oxalic and citric acid in a ratio of 1:2.
- Dissolve in a glass of water until the crystals disappear.
- A clean sponge is moistened with a solution, and the mark is wiped off.
- Wash the whole thing according to the instructions on the tag.
- It is better not to use this method for colored fabrics since the product has a whitening effect.
5. How to Remove Cola Stains With Laundry Soap?
If the carbonated drink has just been spilled and the stain is still fresh, you can wash it off with laundry soap and salt at home.
How do they do it?
- Salt is poured onto a fresh trail, preferably fine so that it immediately absorbs the remnants of the drink.
- Dissolve half a glass of salt in a basin of warm water and soak a soiled blouse or jeans for 10-15 minutes.
- They take the thing out of the basin and rub the cola stain with laundry soap.
- Put back in a basin of salt water for another 15 minutes.
- This method is adequate for most fabrics. But it would be best if you do not overexpose the thing in a saline solution not to spoil it completely.
6. How to Get Cola Out of Clothes With Glycerine and Egg?
Homemakers have long used a mixture of glycerin and egg yolk to remove various dirt from colored clothes.
They do it like this:
- Mix 1 yolk with the same amount of glycerin.
- Rub the resulting mixture into traces of cola, and leave for a couple of hours.
- Wash clothes according to the label on the product.
- You can safely use such a tool to wash cola not only from colored but also from delicate fabrics.
Important Note: For restoring the color scheme on clothes after using one of the listed folk methods, it is recommended to rinse the item in water with the addition of table vinegar.The Sewing Stuffs Team
7. How to Remove Coke Stains From White T Shirt or Other Clothes?
The appearance of a cola stain on white T Shirt or Other Clothes can seem like a disaster since it is unlikely to be washed off in the usual way. However, it will be best if you do not give up. There are many improvised means by which you can remove cola from white cloth.
Here are a few of them:
- Lemon juice: Squeeze the juice from one fruit and add 2 tbsp. l. water. Wet the contaminated area with this solution. Leave for 2 hours and then wash with detergent.
- Citric acid and borax: The traces are removed with a cotton pad dipped in a storm. After they practically disappear, water with citric acid. Wait for 10-15 min. and wash in warm water.
- Chlorine bleach with baking soda: This combination will remove the oldest traces of cola from white cotton clothing. For this, the place of contamination is soaked in cold water. Then soda is poured on it, and bleach is poured on top. After 10 minutes, you can wash off the product.
- Industrial bleaches:It will be best to use gentle industrial bleaches based on active oxygen for delicate fabrics. Wash should be, according to the specified instructions, starting with a small dosage and, if necessary, increasing it.
Attention: Before using one of the folk methods, you should hold the area with the stain for some time under a stream of cold water. So, part of the pollution will go away, and the fabric will be ready for processing.The Sewing Stuffs Team
Every homemaker can qualitatively wash cola from clothes of any color. You need to follow the recommendations described above and have a desire to return the soiled item to its original appearance. It can be done using improvised means or household chemicals.
“I like to turn a piece of string into something that I can wear.” I am dedicated to sharing knowledge on the necessary sewing equipment in The Sewing Stuffs.