Last Updated on August 13, 2023
Discover Janome 3160 vs. 4120 differences and similarities: Choosing a suitable sewing machine can be challenging, especially when comparing models with similar names and features. Here, we will dissect the differences between the Janome 3160 and the Janome 4120 sewing machines.
What is the difference between the Janome 3160 and the 4120?
The Janome 3160 has 60 built-in stitches, a basic touchpad, and no twin-needle function. The Janome 4120 offers 120 stitches, an enhanced touchpad, and a twin-needle feature for delicate and decorative sewing.
Janome 3160 vs. 4120
With thousands of requests from curious users seeking clarity, we’ve compiled an informative guide to help you make an informed choice.
So, whether you’re a seasoned sewist or just starting your sewing journey, read on to discover which machine suits your needs best.
The Janome 3160 boasts an array of features that make it a reliable companion for intermediate sewers:
- Stitch Selection: Offering 60 popular stitches, including garment construction, utility, and decorative stitches.
- Buttonholes: One-step buttonholes with seven different styles.
- Convenience: Built-in scissors, needle up/down, and auto-lock features.
- Adjustable Pressure: Easily adjust pressure for different fabrics.
- Feed Dog System: Seven-point feed dog system for smooth feeding.
- Needle Threader and LCD: Needle threader for easy threading and LCD for stitch selection.
- Speed Control and Lighting: Speed control for sewing control and super bright light for a well-lit workspace.
- Accessories: Removable accessory tray, hardcover, and quilting kit included for versatility.
Stepping up the ladder, the Janome 4120 brings even more features to the table:
- Expanded Stitches: 120 built-in stitches, including utility, decorative, quilting, heirloom, and three alphabet fonts.
- Enhanced Touchpad: Larger touchpad for easy adjustments of stitch width and length.
- Twin Needle Function: Perfect for delicate work with the ability to sew with a twin needle.
- Stitch Placard: Comprehensive stitch placard aids in selecting the perfect stitch.
- Automatic Twin Needle Adjustment: The machine automatically adjusts stitch width for twin needle use.
- Retained Features: Retains essential features of the 3160, including scissors, needle up/needle down, auto-lock, and reverse functions.
Janome 3160 vs. 4120 – Comparing the Two
While the Janome 3160 and 4120 share many quality attributes, the 4120 provides additional options for intricate sewing projects. With a broader selection of built-in stitches, three fonts of the alphabet, and the twin needle function, the 4120 offers more creative freedom.
However, if you’re an intermediate sewist seeking a dependable machine with essential features, the Janome 3160 remains an excellent choice.
- Stitch Variety: 4120 offers a broader selection of built-in stitches, including alphabets, for expanded creative possibilities.
- Twin Needle Capability: The 4120’s twin needle function allows easy, delicate, and decorative sewing.
- Advanced Adjustments: Enhanced touchpad and automatic twin needle adjustment provide more control and precision.
Video: Janome 3160, 4120 & 5300 Sewing Machines for Quilters Full Review
FAQ – People also ask
Are the sewing components of both machines of the same quality?
Yes, both machines are constructed with high-quality components designed to be durable and long-lasting.
Does the Janome 4120 come with more fonts for lettering?
Yes, the Janome 4120 offers three alphabet fonts for lettering, allowing you to personalize your projects.
Is the quilting kit included with both models?
Yes, both the Janome 3160 and 4120 come with a bonus quilting kit, including various presser feet and accessories.
Can I sew big projects with these machines?
Yes, both machines are suitable for larger projects, and the Janome 4120 even features a detachable wide table for added space.
Is the Janome 4120 suitable for embroidery or monogramming?
While not primarily designed for embroidery, the Janome 4120’s variety of stitches, including decorative ones, can be used for monogramming and embellishments.
So, the Janome 3160 and 4120 stand as reliable companions with distinct features to suit different sewing needs. Whether you opt for the versatile 4120 or the dependable 3160, both models promise high-quality stitching, ease of use, and lasting durability.
|Features||Janome 3160||Janome 4120|
|Built-in Stitches||60 stitches||3 fonts of alphabet|
|Buttonholes||One-step buttonholes (7 styles)||One-step buttonholes (7 styles)|
|Touchpad||Standard touchpad||Enhanced touchpad|
|Twin Needle Function||No||Yes, with automatic adjustment|
|Alphabet Fonts||No||3 fonts of the alphabet|
|Stitch Placard||Basic||Comprehensive stitch placard|
|Stitch Adjustments||Standard width and length adjustments||Expanded width and length adjustments|
|Twin Needle Capability||No||Yes, for delicate and decorative sewing|
|Retained Features||Scissor, needle up/needle down, auto-lock, reverse||Scissor, needle up/needle down, auto-lock, reverse|
No matter which machine you choose, Janome continues to deliver exceptional craftsmanship and performance for sewers of all skill levels.