Last Updated on June 18, 2023
Discover Singer 4423 vs. 4432: The singer is renowned for producing top-quality models in the world of sewing machines. Regarding heavy-duty sewing machines, the Singer 44 series stands out, offering reliable performance at an affordable price.
Singer 4423 vs. 4432 – Head to Head Comparison
We have received numerous inquiries from our readers about the differences between Singer’s two most popular sewing machines.
Here, we aim to compare two popular models from this series, the Singer 4423 and Singer 4432, highlighting their similarities and differences.
Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced user, understanding these distinctions will help you determine which Singer sewing machine best suits your requirements.
Singer 4423 vs. 4432 – Similarities Between These ‘Twin’
- Design and Dimensions: Both the Singer 4423 and 4432 have the exact same design and dimensions. They look identical, making it difficult to tell them apart visually.
- Sewing Speed: Both machines can sew at a speed of 1100 stitches per minute, which is faster than many other sewing machines in the same price range.
- Heavy-Duty Metal Frame: Both models feature a heavy-duty metal frame, ensuring durability and longevity. These machines can handle thick materials like denim and leather.
- Automatic Needle Threader: Both the Singer 4423 and 4432 come with an automatic needle threader, which is a useful feature for beginners who may find threading the needle challenging.
- One-Step Fully Automatic Buttonhole: Both machines offer a one-step, fully automatic buttonhole feature, making it easy to create buttonholes with different sizes.
- Adjustable Stitch Length: Both models have a dial on the front that allows for easy stitch length adjustment.
- Free Arm: Both machines have a free arm feature, allowing you to sew hard-to-reach areas like sleeves, collars, and cuffs.
Singer 4423 vs. 4432 – Main and ‘Only’ Difference
The main difference between the Singer 4423 and 4432 sewing machines is the number of built-in stitches. The 4423 has 23 stitches, while the 4432 offers 32 stitches, including additional decorative options.
Singer 4423 – 23 built-in stitches
The Singer 4423 provides 23 built-in stitches, including 12 decorative, 6 basic, 4 stretches, and 1 buttonhole stitch.
Singer 4432- 32 built-in stitches
On the other hand, the Singer 4432 offers 32 built-in stitches, comprising 16 decorative, 7 stretch, 6 basic, and 1 buttonhole stitch.
|Feature||Singer 4432||Singer 4423|
|Built-in Stitches||32 stitches (team decorative, 7 stretch, 6 basic, 1 buttonhole)||23 stitches (12 decoratives, 6 basics, 4 stretches, 1 buttonhole)|
So, Which one is better?
As you know now, The Singer 4432 sewing machine is slightly better than the Singer 4423 sewing machine because it offers more built-in. So, if the number of built-in stitches is essential for you, then the Singer 4432 would be the preferred choice.
When comparing the Singer 4423 and 4432 sewing machines, their similarities outweigh their differences. The Singer 4423 and Singer 4432 sewing machines have many similarities, making them almost identical “twins” in design, dimensions, weight, and several features.
Both models deliver high sewing speeds, durability, and user-friendly features. Therefore, if various stitch options are essential, the Singer 4432 may be preferable.
Apart from the difference in built-in stitches, the rest of the features and functionalities are almost the same for both machines. Regarding the price, there is only a slight difference of a few bucks between the two.